You read correctly: Syn-ake! As in…snake! Say hello to Mother Nature’s Botox Surgeon, the Temple Viper!
Simply put, Syn-ake is a synthetic imitation of a peptide found in the venom of the Temple Viper. Just like Botox, Syn-ake works to smooth skin and reduce wrinkles by inhibiting muscle contractions. Creative, huh?

As with Snail mucin, many Korean brands also have some sort of Syn-ake line. Now I have way too many under-eye lines from laughing and smiling, so let’s see if this Syn-ake mask can help me!


Brand: Tony Moly
Name: Intense Care Syn-ake Eye Mask (there’s also a Snail version)
Syn-ake Concentration: 1000ppm (parts per million)
Price in Korea: 2,500KRW for 1

(*Price on Koreadepart: $11.71 for 5 pieces)





 
[ Width: 9cm | Height: 11cm ]

It’s basically a small stiff plastic packet, with two interconnected compartments which hold the masks and some juice—yeah, I’ll just call it juice! 

Also, do you see those indentations on the back of the packaging? Those are the only parts of the package where it's actually "sealed," and they're sealed by weak glue: 


Be careful, for once once the corners come off the rest quickly follow suit. 




The masks are made of a soft, jelly-like material. It’s very slippery and moist when you first open it:

 

It's not super fragile, but fingernails will leave tiny tears in it. It is quite soft though, as you can see by how easily I left fingerprints: 

(*Note, this picture was taken after I used it, which is why it's not as moist.)






Unlike in the diagram, I decided to place the masks much closer to my lower lash line. (I mean, that's where all my wrinkles are...) Positioning it was a bit difficult since it’s so slippery. I had to lie down, but even so, it still kept moving around for the first 20-25 minutes or so. 

It didn’t hurt to place it so close to my eyes, by the way. It's very gentle, and it doesn't feel like anything, really. Not even a tingle! 



Now again, don't laugh!! I started getting these laugh lines from a very young age... Believe me, I even tried to become a serious person! (Didn't work out, obviously.) I also partially blame the macro lens for accentuating them, heh heh... 

But regardless, the point is to look at the results! 




As you can see, there is definitely a visible improvement! My undereye area became tighter and smoother, and my fine lines are now notably less visible. They're still very much there, but instead of fat, deep cross-hatches, they're now delicate little lines. And it looks even better in real life! (Not talking about the two major lines at the top; those I don't mind so much. It's the leathery-look that bothers me!) 

Unfortunately I haven’t used it enough just yet to report on long-term results, but I’ll definitely keep this post (along with my Skinfood Egg post) updated! 




I liiike it! Now, I wouldn’t say it’s a super SUPER dramatic result--again, the macro lens exaggerates things a bit--but the improvement is definitely there! I can't wait to buy a bunch more and see what happens with regular use! I'll admit that it is somewhat time consuming, considering you're literally chained to the bed for 40 minutes. But undereye skin just is too delicate to be ignored, you know? I know I will be on the hunt for more eye-masks and Syn-ake products~! 
So how bout you, do you suffer from under-eye lines? Better yet, would you try a SYN-AKE product?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment