I usually use moisturizing masks, but it’s nice to switch it up with a detox-style mask once in awhile! And how could I resist such ingenious packaging?! My favorite part has to be the ears, so little and round!


Brand: The Face Shop
Name: Lovely Me:ex Mini Pore Ghassoul Mask
Amount: 60g, 2.1oz
Expiry: 12months
Price in Korea: 6,900KRW
Price on Koreadepart: $6.91


Here I’ve loosely translated the flyer for this product:


Basically, it’s a washoff mask made from Moroccan Ghassoul clay that targets oily skin problems. It claims to:1.) remove oily shine caused by excessive sebum 2.) remove dirt deep inside your pores 3.) tighten large pores, and 4.) smooth bumpy skin. 





Here is the box in a gif! It's actually not as neon as in the photos, more of a pale yellow.


Yes, the box does have little ears! I've made a translated version of the cartoon. Don't wanna feel left out! :(



So it turns out that the monkey's name is Mr. Worry! How adorable~! ⊙▽⊙
And here is the tub itself: 

[ Diameter: ~6.5cm ]

Just like the box, the tub is also not as bright/vivid as these pictures show. It's also much thicker than I thought it would be; I never would have guessed, based on the product photo!


[ Height: 5.5cm, at it's thickest ]



Of course I want to say old lady again, but truthfully, it smells like a rose! 





The mask is very moist and soft. (Notice the abundant shine!)  



As you can see by the streaks, it scoops and glides on very easily! Yet at the same time, it's kind of...sticky? I don't know how to describe it, but it's definitely not a thin, liquidy consistency!

The photo above of the open tub (titled "Open") might also give you an idea of this "stickiness."




Shortly after applying, I can feel the mask beginning to dry and tighten. It dries into a thin layer with a powder-like finish.



Even if I apply a fairly thick layer, it still dries into a much thinner layer than I began with: 





(Beware to those who cringe at the sight of blackheads!)




If you see very little visible difference, I would agree with you. But there's more than meets the eye, so let’s go through each thing one by one!


Removing Excess Sebum: Sure does! Even if Oppa uses it on his *unwashed-for-days* face, it removes practically all his sebum, leaving him matte afterwards. For me (normal-to-dry skin), I tend to feel a bit dry afterwards, but it's not noticeable since I moisturize right after.

Removing Dirt from Pores: Maybe my blackheads are just too deeply embedded, but I didn't notice any change. As you can see, they're still very much there!

Pore Minimizing: Neither my boyfriend nor I noticed much minimizing.

Smoothing of bumpy skin: This is where the pictures do no justice! My boyfriend's nose didn't look much smoother, but it sure felt it! Super soft and smooth! It didn't smooth my skin because mine is only bumpy where there are blackheads, and we already know it didn't do much to those.




Think Queen Helene’s Mint Julep mask, only gentler. It seemed to get good ratings on the official website! I'd say it's mainly for reducing sebum, but since I barely have any (my face is always matte), this mask seems a little redundant for me--maybe even a tad strong... (Queen Helene’s is completely out of the question for me!) BUT if you have normal-to-oily skin or are a big fan of these kinds of masks, then I think you might enjoy it! Again, think Queen Helene’s only much less harsh, and easier to spread!


If you're curious, there are two other variations of this series as well! 
  
How bout you, are you more of a "moisturizing mask" or "detox mask" girl? 
(P.S., sorry for making you scroll so much this time around!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment