Disclaimer: Please remember that this is a *mini-review*! These are just my first impressions, based upon the sample sizes. Also be aware that sometimes, the stuff inside in the samples differs slightly from the stuff inside the full-sized product! This has happened to me twice, actually… >< But here are my two-cents anyways~! ] 


Since I don’t have pictures this time, here’s a quick rundown of the terminology (just in case you’re unfamiliar, skip this if you are!): 
  • Toner: a lightly-moisturizing liquid that you apply after cleansing. It preps your skin for what comes next. This is different from Western toners, which seek to further cleanse (by removing extra dirt and closing pores), but not moisturize.
  • Emulsions: face moisturizers, basically. They’re light lotions, but I say they feel more like light creams. When you apply them, they feel a bit drier and less watery than, say, hand lotions. Not all do though, it varies!

Moving on~ 

Name: DANAHAN Bon Yon Jin Toner
             DANAHAN Bon Yon Jin Emulsion
Amount: 160mL each
Price: $38.53 each on Koreadepart 



(Links to toner and emulsion)


I used the toner for a week and the emulsion for about 2 weeks. 


Toner: This is very noticeably perfumed. Texture-wise, it’s slightly goopy, but still very much a liquid. From what I remember it absorbed quite fast, unless I accidentally overloaded. It didn’t leave my skin feeling particularly soft or sticky. 


Emulsion: It’s a lot less perfumed than the toner. Texture-wise, it was your typical Korean emulsion: light and fluffy. I will say it was a bit on the “drier” side, though. That is, if my face was sticky from excess toner, it would absorb it right up and mattify my face. In that sense it didn’t feel very moisturizing (although I do have dry skin!). Some emulsions make my skin feel powdery soft afterwards, but this did not. 


Conclusion: Personally, I didn't feel compelled to buy the full-size product after using these samples...It just didn’t feel much different from the cheaper Holika Holika stuff. But admittedly, it is hard to gauge effectiveness of skincare products, especially after only a few weeks! >.< 


Has anyone else tried anything from Danahan before? 


This is somewhat unrelated, but while I didn't end up buying the Danahan stuff, I did get a placenta emulsion instead! Fear not, it's only plant placenta~ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment