This is my first Lioele product! :D Needed some contour for le chubby face and nose~ ^o^

(image taken from en.koreadepart.com)



This product contains 5 different shades of bronze, plus a bit of highlighter, providing a very natural contour and sparkle. The baked formula comprises various natural gem powders including pearl, tourmaline, ruby, and more. It is talc-free and non pore-clogging, making it suitable for sensitive skin.

There is a thin layer of protection on the pearls, so you'll have to roll them around a bit more the first time you apply.



Don't fret about the English side in the gif; I've already mentioned all of it--well, except for the ingredients--in the previous section.

[ Width: 5.6cm | Depth: 5.6cm | Height: 5.3cm ]

Packaging for the product itself: 

[ Circumference: 7.8cm | Height: ~5cm ]

The inside gets slightly dusty once the pearls begin rolling around, which goes to show that the pigment is not difficult to pick up or apply:



Tucked under the cap is a powder puff that sits ontop of a rubber lid:




Under that is a foam cushion to keep the pearls in place during transit. Without the cushion, you can see there’s actually much less product than is advertised



Honestly? My first thought was old lady! But it also smells like baby powder, so we'll go with that. :D The scent is medium-strong. 




Now onto the pearls themselves! In all the previous photos, the plastic container washed out the colors. Here’s how they actually look. Colors are mostly accurate, though it might be a tad duller in real life:




Here’s a lineup of the 5 individual colors, alongside my descriptions for them:

(That crusty, shiny exterior you see is the aforementioned “protective coat”.)


(*Not much difference between natural and indoor lighting.)



All that was to give you an idea of the various shades you can achieve, depending on which pearls you selectively swatch. Now onto the face swatches!

Please note that I have applied A LOT in these swatches, so it's really exaggerated! For a sheerer application, look towards the edges of the swatched area!




1.) Color: It's really not as dark cocoa brown as in the product photos! Overall, it's more of a copper or bronze-like color, with a definite hint of orange in it. If you want a flatter brown or more orangey glow, you can just swatch selectively. :) 

2.) Pigmentation: As you can see, color payoff varies greatly with skintone! But for me, I find it plenty pigmented. One thorough brush application is more than enough for a natural jawline contour on both sides. (I am pale though, and I think it would look much more natural on someone tanner.) It's also very buildable. 

3.) Finish: There is a bit of shimmer, but I find it to be quite subtle unless I apply a ton or am under bright light. I normally don't notice it when I contour my face. 




I don’t find it chalky. When I swatched the pearls, they glided across my skin. It also applies very easily, even with my mega cheap Daiso brushes! The downside is that I need a very light and careful hand. 




I should admit this is only the second bronzing product I’ve tried, but I do like it! The last one I had was a pressed bronzer from Benefit. It was a flat dark brown and hard to apply. In comparison, this one applies very easily and is much more versatile color-wise, since you can mix and match the pearls! I do think it's a little dark for my jaw, but it's great for my nose! Now if only there were a bit more inside...Lioele products are not exactly cheap! 


☆*:;;;:**:;;;:*☆*:;;;:**:;;;:*☆*


Hmm...I wonder what other Lioele/contour products I should try next! Any recommendations? What do you look for in contour products? ^o^

0 comments:

Post a Comment