When it comes to buying Asian stuff online, my biggest pet-peeve is overpricing! Grrr! I used to think Korean products were just really posh and expensive, but then I went to Korea and saw how cheap they actually were. -.- From then on, I couldn't bring myself to buy from overpriced shops anymore. 

Anyways, Yesstyle has been on my bad list for awhile, simply because I think they’re overpriced. I’ve bought clothes from them before and it was decent quality, but I wouldn't say it was worth the price. From time to time, I do like to browse their selection though! But lately I’ve noticed a couple of things that make me a little suspicious about their integrity... 




Awhile back, I stumbled upon this product, called “Ribbons Accessory Case,” from the brand Doodles. I thought to myself, “Hm…that kinda looks like something you could get from Daiso!” 

 


Then a few days later, I had to run to my local Daiso to get something. Lo and behold, look what I found! 

 

Oh, is this not the same exact thing?!  The packaging also says Ribbon Accessory Case, and even the inner compartments are the same! (FYI: This costs $1.50 at Daiso while Yesstyle was selling theirs for $8.00.)


I later found even more products on Yesstyle that I remembered seeing before at Daiso. Here are a few examples! On the right are pictures that I took at my local Daiso: 

(Click on the pictures to be taken to the listing on Yesstyle~)


 

 


 

 

Exactly the same, right?  

Another thing I noticed is that Yesstyle makes no mention of where the “Doodle” brand originated from. Usually this information is usually displayed in the top-right corner of the brand banner, right? 

I wonder why they don’t say…Could it be that it’s not a legitimate brand, but just a front to sell merchandise from Daiso (and other cheap brands) for mega profit? I wonder I wonder... 


Here's one more thing that I noticed. This is the Doodles Heart Shaped Washbowl

  

Oh, would you look at that? It clearly says Daiso on the label! Could it be true then? 
(; ̄Д ̄) If that's the case, I only have one thing to say: Stooping so low as to overprice stuff from Daiso is just cheap-o to the max!!  


According to Yesstyle, Smoothie is a brand from China. When I was browsing, I remembered seeing many of the same shoes/photos before on Taobao! 

For example: 

(Again, you can click on the links to get to the Yesstyle listing.
If you scroll down on both the Yesstyle and Taobao listings,
you'll see that they use the exact same product pictures!)



As seen on Taobao: here



As seen on Taobao: here



As seen on Taobao: here



As seen on Taobao: here


Once I looked through their various products, I noticed that all the product pictures have a different photography styles, fonts, models, and resolutions. So clearly, this brand "Smoothie" doesn't take their own product photos, that's for sure! 

Yesstyle also has this little disclaimer at the bottom for Smoothie (as well as for other brands) that reads: 


Doesn't it make sense for a brand's name to be plastered on all of it's clothing labels? I mean, if the clothing is their brand, why shouldn’t it? But then again, I know absolutely nothing about business! Can someone shed light on this? Do manufacturers and brands actually do this? 

But even if the brand did outsource its production like the disclaimer says, why then, would there be a need to blur out the brand inside of these shoes? 


Might I also randomly add that that is a disturbingly pitiful watermark for a brand? It looks like something an individual whipped up for their online shop to cover up Taobao watermarks. 


So all in all, it looks to me like Yesstyle is getting these shoes from various sources, and they are not actually from this so-called brand Smoothie. It seems more like a front to sell these no-brand shoes (either from Taobao or other factories) for much higher prices. At least, that's my conclusion! 


Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with Taobao! To be fair, a lot of shops buy from Taobao (or other factories). But...nobody makes up a fake brand name to seem more legitimate... -_-;; And coming from a shopping mall as big and professional-seeming as Yesstyle, I was a bit surprised. 


In all honesty though, I haven't bought from these two brands myself, so I really can't say anything for sure! Let me clarify that these are just my thoughts/suspicions. I'm not trying to be a detective, nor do I mean to criticize people who shop at Yesstyle! No no, not at all~ If anything, I just sound like a loony conspiracy theorist...  The only thing I can say with confidence is that you can probably find the things on Yesstyle elsewhere for much cheaper~ 


Let's discuss! Have you bought from these two brands on Yesstyle? Or from Yesstyle in general? Thoughts, experiences?

0 comments:

Post a Comment