I was inspired to buy this cleanser after SparkleApple's review, and for only $4.56, how could I resist?!

As the bottle states, it is a:
"Hypoallergic cleanser that with micro bubbles that clean deeply even inside of the pore"
(Well, I've paraphrased it, but I think it's more grammatically correct this time >.< ! Someone correct me?)

Scent: It smells nothing like lemon actually! I really can't describe it, except that it's a very light and unique herbal scent which took me a bit of getting used to.


Texture: You can see in this closeup pic that the formula is quite light and fluffy:
Cleansing Ability:
It's a very mild but effective cleanser that rinses off extremely easily with water! I don't experience that drying squeaky clean feeling afterwards. Sometimes my T-zone greases up if my cleanser is too harsh, but not with this one! I've been using it for a week now, and my skin feels very soft, with the perfect balance of natural oils. It's amazing!

But as gentle as it is, it still does a very impressive job of removing base makeup, which is kind of like dirt right?

If you like using facial nets:(if you don't, skip this section!)
The last thing I want to mention is not so much a shortcoming of this cleanser--because I really do like it--rather, just a misfit between what I want in a cleanser and what it offers. I like using a facial net to foam-up my cleansers. I just looovvvee washing my face with all that dense marshmallow foam~~ It's so fun, and not to mention, gentle to your skin! (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, click here.)

But I've found that because this cleanser is already so fluffy, it doesn't foam-up as well as others. For comparison, this is how LuView foams with a net. A closeup shows lots of little bubbles, making this cleanser true to its name!

On the other hand though, a random charcoal cleanser from Daiso creates a much thicker and denser foam, and much more of it:
More foam, more fun!
(And yes, you should actually remove lenses and eye makeup before you wash.)

The other thing about the LuView foam is that once you start washing your face, the bubbles start popping. You can actually feel it, I swear! While it's kind of fun, eventually the bubbly foam disintegrates, and you're left with very much less washing medium than you started with...and I just hate rubbing my face directly with my fingers because gives you premature wrinkles!!! 

All this is no big deal if you use more, but I'm frugal and I love my foam...Otherwise, I think it's a really great cleanser!


TLDR: LuView's Lemon Balm Bubble Cleansing Foam is a gentle, mild, and effective cleanser. True to its name, it is indeed bubbly! 


Thank you for reading! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment