With it's ground rice texture and rice extract ingredients, this wash-off mask is meant to brighten, soften, and moisturize your skin.
 
It retails in Korea for 7,700KRW. You can get it at Koreadepart for only $6.44. ^^ 




Simple! 1) Massage over dry, clean face.   2) Leave for 15 minutes.   3) Wash off.
Skinfood recommends using it with the black sugar mask for maximum effectiveness. 




It’s your typical Skinfood tub packaging: plastic, sturdy, sticker labels, includes an inner lid, etc. No spatula included! Also, it was practically filled to the rim when I got it. 




[ cap diameter: 7.8cm | height: 6.6cm | base diameter: 5.6cm ]








It smells just like the Egg White Pore Mask: somewhat…floral? Floral as in flowers, not roses. 




Here’s a video that takes you through scooping it, applying it, and spreading it out. I’m a total newb at videos, but hopefully it’ll give you some sort of idea about the texture! Youtube decided to change the lighting and make it REALLY dark and weird, but I decided to leave it since the mask shows up better this way! ^^ 


As you can see by the glisten, the mask is very moist. It also spreads very easily, but because of its grainy texture, it doesn’t spread evenly

It’s thick in a sense that it's goopy and sticky like congee, but in no way is it heavy like how emollient creams are. 

Here are some photos to show you details: 




(↑ Those little bubbles you see are the rice bits!)





Amount Needed: Because of the texture and its uneven spreading, I tend to use a lot each time, even though I only apply a moderately thin layer. 

How it feels: When I first apply it, the small bits of rice feel mildly exfoliating, but only at first! After I start massaging, they soften and feel more like clumpy congee instead. As it sits on my face, it feels decently moisturizing, especially as time goes on. However, given the sticky, gooey texture, it doesn’t give thathydrating feel that sheet masks do. 

Gradually it absorbs, and I’m left with a thin layer of oily-ish residue that reminds me of natural sebum. It's almost as if the rice bits melted...? I have no idea. -.- 





Don't mind my weird hairline... 

(↑ This was taken right before I rinsed. This is the "sebum-like" residue I was talking about.
It really looks and feels like sebum to me!)


(↑ That shine is actually water I hadn't wiped off.)

Not really much visible difference, really. 

Brightening/Whitening: I know many others have testified to a brightening effect, but I see none. Although the pictures suggest a bit of softening of my blemishes, I hardly notice anything in real life, to be honest. Though to be fair, I rarely ever experience brightening effects... T^T 

Moisturizing Ability: It's got the type of moisture that washes off easily when you go to rinse. After rinsing, I still feel a little more moisture than I began with, but it’s light. 

Softening: My skin didn't feel any softer than it usually does. 




I will admit that the natural ingredient-type feel of this washoff mask is quite refreshing--but then again that’s probably just Skinfood’s marketing scheme, haha! The sebum-type feel was quite interesting, but I must be honest: I’m not really keen on using “natural and organic” products--been around too many chemicals to care at this point--so for meeee, there’s not much incentive to buy this. It didn’t really stand out to me. I prefer theHolika Holika Sheep Milk Yogurt Mask :) But it seems to be quite the steady seller in Korea, so maybe it's just not my cuppa tea! 
Anyone else tried this mask, or other similar rice products? How'd you find it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment