To kick off my batch of Korean cosmetic reviews for 2012, I shall introduce to you my very first Missha lipstick! Fresh from the streets of Myeongdong, oh snap!




Quick facts:
Name: The Style Crystal Shine Rouge
Brand: 
Color: PK04
Tube Height: 3inches
Cost : 7,800KRW

Without further ado, I’ll let the pictures do the talking:

(applied with lip brush)

Color (on me): Rosy! The exact shade depends on the lighting and how much you apply. At it's sheerest, it appears as a light rose pink . Pile it on and you get a darker rose, much like the color of the stick. 

Pigment: Sheer to medium; buildable. (When I took the pictures I used a brush, so I had a difficult time building up. It's much easier using the stick directly.)

Is it moisturizing? Yes, it feels like a lip balm! See how my chapped lips turned plump/juicy after just one coat? No caking or settling in cracks here! Little flecks of skin (like mine on the right) will still be visible though.

Is it sparkly? Subtly so. If you look closely you’ll see little specks of glitter, but for the most part it’s just enough to make the lipstick not look matte. The tube itself is not that sparkly in real life either.  

Smells good? Indeed! It smells like berry-flavored hard candy, reminiscent of this:
Yummmaaayyyy~ 

Personally, I really like this lipstick! It's a soft/tame shade of coral/red, and the sheerness gives you versatility among several shades. I would almost treat it as a very tinted lip balm. :) To end, here is my only selca for the day. I've got clear gloss over the lipstick but of course, the bright lighting washes out the colors quite a bit:


Compliments to beautiful Ageha model Rin for covering my failed clumpy mascara, haha! Hmmm, I wonder if this would be a convenient way to try out different makeup styles~ Feeling lazy? No problem, just C&P! 

Thanks for reading!
Okie friendsies, a question for you! Do you prefer sheer or matte lipsticks and why?

0 comments:

Post a Comment