I’m always fussing about covering up my red acne scars, but somehow it never occurred to me to fix them instead! That is...until I tried this product. ;)



Brand: Skin&Lab
Name: Dr. Vita Clinic C plus Brightening
Amount: 30mL
Expiry: 1 year
Price in Korea: 18,000KRW
Price on Wishtrend: 15.99 (click here)

Skinlab is a dermatological brand from Korea. Long story short, vitamins = good for you, good for your skin. Vitamin C = good for brightening! There are lots of other vitamins in this line to choose from, each with their own specialized benefits. 





[ Base Diameter: 2.3cm | Height: 11.5cm ]
The tube might look small at first, but it’s actually plenty enough! With its texture, a little goes a long way. 

It’s got a noticeable citrus scent. Not gonna lie, it reminds me of dishwashing soap. T'was kinda off-putting at first! 



The texture is in between that of a gel and a light cream. It’s very lightweight, and has a thin consistency such that you can spread it thinly. It’s not sticky at all. It’s actually a bit watery? 



 




It doesn't sting, but it's also not very moisturizing. It basically feels like nothing. :) 

Absorption: This is hit or miss depending on how dry my skin is, but most times it doesn’t seem to absorb thaaat fast. Even after I apply it, I can still spread it thinner and thinner, whereas some products absorb too quickly for that. On the flip side, a little goes a really long way! 





I’ve been using this for two months now and I do think it has helped! 

The lighting may vary a bit, but it still shows the relative difference.
I tried my best! ><

Redness: So! You can see that before, not only did I have obvious red spots from acne, but each spot was also surrounded by a circle of redness. T^T But now, the spots have subdued into little red-brown dots--although they look pink in the picture--as well as the surrounding redness~!

You can hover over the image to see specific areas of improvement! 

Now before you jump to conclude that this product has *completely* cured my skin, realize that it didn’t erase everything! I still have redness, my spots are still visible irl, and I still have trouble concealing them. It’s basically as if I had let them fade on their own, except that the cream made it occur much, much  faster. (Those spots you see in the Before picture are actually several months old!) Also, results seemed to have plateaued after the first month. 

Overall brightening: Naah...I’m really not any paler than before. The picture may be a bit misleading, sorry!



To be honest, $15.99 for a tiny tube seemed a bit much for me at first, but after seeing the results, I think it’s worth it! A little goes a long way, and the results are undeniable. I just really want to caution you not to get your hopes up toooo high: I think it will improve your redness, but definitely not remove it completely! And it takes time too! All in all, a good product! It has given me hope, haha! :) 


Many thanks to Wishtrend for sending me this product and being ever so patient with me! 


Do you have a go-to cream for blemishes/acne scars?

0 comments:

Post a Comment