Oopsie, I guess I lied~~I seems like my next post will be a tag, since I finished ended up finishing this review first! 

So y'all know Missha. I usually associate Missha with their well-known skincare and BB Cream lines, but this time I thought I’d give their loose powder a try. Me likey!
Brand: Missha
Name: The Style Art Designing Cashmere Loose Powder
Shade: No.2, Natural Beige
Size:: 20g, base diameter: 6cm
SPF: 15
Expiry: 24months

 Packaging:
 
It comes in a sturdy little tub with a light pink cap. It’s embossed with snowflakes and the words “art designing” are shiny and reflective. A soft and puffy powder puff is included:




Color (on me):

I think it’s a taaaaddd “warm” for my skin tone, but it’s really not noticeable unless I pile on MASSIVE amounts (in which case I look light golden brown). I'm guessing that with powders, the pigment is less obvious? I’m not saying it’s dark or anything; it’s just kind of…warm…like a yellowy-brown…Oh gosh, I don't know, I've been so muddled by the concept of "undertones" lately.  Just see for yourself!


Here's how it looks in indirect natural lighting:

(▲ Update 3/2/12: Forgot to add this picture!)

And here's how it looks in direct sunlight:



(▲ My hand is a bit pink here because I had just scratched it. Ferociously, I might add.)

(▲That's my furry forearm by the way!)


Texture/Finish:
 
The powder is soft and finely milled, with silica being the main ingredient. It gave me a very even, matte finish. After pressing in the powder, my skin not only felt very smooth (and slippery!), but it looked it too! (You must know what I mean when sometimes skin just looks rough/bumpy? Here it's the opposite!)

Coverage:
 
It didn't do much to my discolorations; and frankly, it looked terrible on my dry patches. That being said, it does really do well for wrinkles and pores (on non-dry areas)! I was able to completely cover the large pores on my upper cheek with a few pats:


It might be hard to tell, but it covered my fine lines really well; there was no awkward settling within the wrinkles. But after a few hours, it did end up creasing a bit on my deepest under-eye wrinkle, which is indeed quite deep. On the other hand, my laugh lines were covered and creaseless throughout the entire day! 

Lasting Power:
 
I have a slight T-zone and with the powder, my nose and forehead greased a lot less than usual. Meanwhile, my cheeks were still matte even after 8 hours! (Although it did wear off slightly.)


Breakouts?

Nope! But then again, I don't have sensitive skin.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Whew, well that's it for Missha's Cashmere powder! I've never felt cashmere (without knowing at least), but it seems like the name is quite appropriate!

For now, I think I'm going to take a breather and slow down on the reviews for now. Yet with my fickleness, who knows?  Alrighty, thanks for reading~

What do you look for in a face powder? Do you prefer to dust it on or press it in? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment