The last time I did a BB Cream review, I left off saying that I found a BB Cream that I liked much better. Well, here it is! Such an unsuspecting little steal, IMO! 

Name: Peach Girl BB Cream
Brand: Holika Holika
Shade: 01호, Light Beige
SPF: 37 PA++
Amount, Height: 50mL, 12.5cm
Expiry: 14 months*
Price: 13,000KRW



Packaging is but a round tube wrapped with a sticker. Tucked inside the screw cap are a blush (which also functions a lip color) and mirror. 
I'm not going to talk about the blush, since I'm assuming most people would buy this mainly for the BB Cream, not the blush...But feel free to ask!

It smells like regular BB Cream, except a tad more floral? (Where's the peach?!) Color-wise, it's a shade or two lighter than most Korean BB Creams, and much cooler-toned too! It’s still nowhere near as pale as Missha’s #13 Milky Beige though:

When applied and blended, it's basically a very light brown with a hint of greyness. Over time, the grey tint fades, and the color itself gets sliiiightly darker:

It's quite thick and heavy, but still very spreadable. In other words, it does streak very easily!
Coverage: 
Uneven Skintone: Since it's thick, it does a good job covering *general* unevenness (like pink flushing or uneven tanning). Notice how the 2nd layer really covered all my underlying pinkness and made my skin look opaque.
Spot discolorations (moles, brown spots, red spots): I find that 2 layers covers most but not all of it. 
Pores/Uneven Surfaces: Given that this BB Cream has the texture to streak, it also settles into my pores and pock marks, making them look like little white dots on my face. Similar case for my undereye lines. It fades eventually, but ultimately, this BB Cream doesn't help smooth my complexion. And lastly, it's not flattering on dry or bumpy patches. (You can refer to my forehead picture.)
It's not 100% matte; there's a *slight* dewy shine to it. In fact, it makes my skin feel a bit sticky at first, much like the feeling you get after applying moisturizer! After wearing it for 8 hours, the coverage stays mostly intact. It fades a little, but mostly just becomes more natural-looking and less makeup-y. Please note that I don't have oily skin!
Nope! But my skin isn't sensitive.

I like this BB Cream a lot! It’s one of the few that matches my skin tone pretty well and doesn't make me look brownish. The dewiness is just right to give a powdered-doll look without looking like a cakey old lady. Above all, the coverage for my red spots is by far the best I've tried yet, albeit not perfect. (Many of you know by now that I have a hard time covering those!) I would totally buy it again!


Whew, done! Sorry it was kind of lengthy...I guess I was very excited about this BB Cream! Hopefully it was informative ^^;;

Oh! One last note, I promiseeeeee(x10000) to get the giveaway post out this weekend, I swearrr!!! There's just been a lot of uncertainty in my life lately, so the giveaway was far from my priority. >o<

Anywhos! Would you try this BB Cream?

0 comments:

Post a Comment